Topic: Irrlicht 1.3.1 (MacOS X)

Irrlicht 1.3.1 wrapper is underway and again I just wanted to inform everyone that I'll compile a lib for MacOS X. It should be no problem, but I haven't got around to play with the new version on Mac yet.

It works fine on WinXP. That is, apart from the fact that no one has fixed the 3D model loaders. I have about two hundred models in x. format that doesn't load at all. They load perfectly in Blitz3D and many 3D applications. So far I have had to convert them using UltimateUnwrap, since MS3D format seems to be somewhat better supported. UU however doesn't export bone scaling, so there is a lot of legwork and the result is not very satisfying. This is one of the main reasons why I'm considering switching to Ogre for my commercial needs. Still Irrlicht has a lot of advantages, so I hate to abandon it.

/Jonas

Re: Irrlicht 1.3.1 (MacOS X)

greetings Jonas smile  im at a point where im ready for the Mac build if you are still willing to build it.  with Niko getting a mac, hopefully we are coming into an age where the mac version can be built out of the box.