Topic: XEffect in Irrlicht (BlitzMax)

Re: XEffect in Irrlicht (BlitzMax)

greetings smile  yes you would be able to use this library but a little "glue" work would need to be done.  you will need to expose some functions using C/C++ (similar to how the Irrlicht mod is created) in order to be able to use it.  if you are planning on using only a few features of the library this may go pretty quick.  if you are planning on using all of the library this could take several hours.

Ah :-) Thank you for reply wink

I must recompile irrlicht, when I want to use the "extention", or?

Bastian

greetings smile  it wouldnt be in the base Irrlicht mod so you wouldnt need to recompile that.  you would need to either make it into a mod or include the files directly in your project.

some news on this... this library was pretty interesting and felt it may be useful for the Irrlicht mod userbase so i went ahead and built a mod out of it smile  took me a little over 5 hours so not bad!  i will release once i have all the examples converted and running.  probably sometime tomorrow.  i already have the mod completed and the first example converted and running so its definately a go.

5 (edited by Barratator 2010-01-10 04:37:37)

Building Modules
Compiling:EffectHandler.cpp
Build Error: failed to compile N:/........../BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/xeffects.mod/xeffects/EffectHandler.cpp
Process complete

looks like i missed the fun smile great!  glad its working for you smile

Hmm...I don't know, but I think there is a bug:

When I'm use settarget or setposition of SShadowLight the light doesn't do anything...
I can fill the parameter with any value, but the light remains constant.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you!

Bastian

it should work as that appears to be how many of the examples operate (see example 1 in the while loop).  do you have sample code?