Topic: Wrapper error for linux distribution

Re: Wrapper error for linux distribution

greetings TheIceman smile  a couple of things happened.  first, i tried to reorganized how the libs were stored and while relative pathing works for windows and works for compile on linux and mac, linux and mac both fail during the linking phase.  the solution is to put the lib in the root of core.mod, change core.bmx to reflect this and compile the mod.  my next release will have this fixed up.  the second, and i get the glu poblem as well, Irrlicht apparently added a call to gluCheckExtension.  your (and my) linux either doesnt have it in GL or we need to know the library its in.  if we can find the library, then all that needs to happen is right below the Import "-lGL" line we need to add Import "-lLIBNAME" where LIBNAME is the library that function is in.  im looking to see if i can find it.  i think its supposed to be part of the stock GL.  MacOSX didnt have this problem either...

3 (edited by TheIcemanBln 2006-10-20 01:18:07)

I tip my hat to you
and look foward to the improvements.

I will try to find the "missing" link also.
If i get to some resolution, i will inform you.

Btw. i have a nVidia-Card installed, with GRFX-accelleration and OpenGL
enabled.
(I belive it has something to do with an missing *-dev package wink )

CU

TheIceman

4 (edited by TheIcemanBln 2006-10-20 02:51:29)

very good news!  thank you for the update smile  i will add that to the code for the next release.  thank you for your time in helping figure that out smile