1 (edited by real76 2007-01-23 03:19:18)

Topic: CreateSphere & CameraProjMode for IrrB3D

Hi gman,

I was looking for a possibility to convert some B3D-samples to Blitzmax and found IrrB3D. GREAT WORK AND BIG THANKS FOR SHARING IT!!!

In one project I need the commands CreateSphere() and CameraProjMode() for orthographic projection, but both commands seem not to be implemented in your actual release of IrrB3D. Will your port of Irrlicht sometime implement the whole command set of B3D? Do you have concrete plans to integrate CreateSphere and CameraProjMode in an upcoming release?

Greeting from Germany and thanks, again
René

Re: CreateSphere & CameraProjMode for IrrB3D

greetings smile  i should probably package up what i have currently as it is improved over my last release.  CreateSphere and CameraProjMode will be in there.  i will see if i can get a release packed up sometime within the next 12 hours or so.

as for a complete command set, im shooting for as complete as i can get.  the current goal right now is to not be exact as B3D as far as parameters go.  the two engines are just too different.  what i am doing is providing as many of the same functions as i can, but with parameters that make more sense for Irrlicht.  essentially you will be able to get to the function you want, but will need to tweak the parameters for ib3d.  i am shooting to have some new functionality as well like shaders.

and you are very welcome smile

Wow, that would be incredible. Thanks! smile

4 (edited by H&K 2007-01-23 21:02:40)

If I have to change code from B3D to BMax for simple type-definitions, for instance, I'm also able to change code for graphics.

;-)

Great job, GMan!